Why is it important to have a business coach? I assume you already know the answer as you clicked on this article, which is a positive thing. You already know the importance of having a business coach. But just in case someone asks, you can answer, “Because everything in life needs to be guided.”
The next question after knowing the importance of having a business coach is probably HOW – how to find the right business coach? That is probably the main reason why you are here. You are not picky, just cautious because this is the person who will be involved in many business decisions you will make, which advice you will follow and guidance you must adhere to that will nourish your business. It HAS to be the right person. So here are 7 tips on how to identify the right business coach for you.
1. Vast Experience The reason why they are coaches is because of their experience. It may not be obvious to you at first because out there, there are a lot of self-proclaimed experts. So what do you need to do to identify the right person? Look at their experience, their CVs and most importantly, their own business portfolio. The right coach is someone who can guide you through their own experiences.
2. Holds Multiple Roles Why is this important? Because they know what it feels like being an employee and employer which means he knows the ins and outs of a business. This is leverage as he can help solve problems when it comes to employee performance and your role as a leader. Being someone with both insights is an advantage as you might have none.
3. A Detailed Person They are able to identify what is needed for your business to improve and how. Also, their analytical skills might bring you a lot of customers as they are aware of every single aspect your company has. And those details, especially the ones that are not so obvious to you, are really important.
4. Other’s Preference Ask around. It won’t hurt to ask your business friends who they choose because as you might have already realized, the customer’s review is important. Besides, recommendations within your own circles show you who they trust in deciding how to run their business.
5. Driven to Succeed If your business coach mentions how much he wants to help you succeed, then that is a clear sign he is the one. Not that many people, especially businessmen think about others but when they do, you know they are genuine in lending a hand to make your business grow, so don’t let go of that opportunity and reach for that helping hand.
6. Strong Belief One of the most important aspects is their beliefs. This is because their ethics and beliefs will play a major role in the advice they’ll give you. It is important for you to find someone who has the same objectives and goals as you. You will not only find business guidance, but you’ll also find spiritual guidance…and a friend. 7. Local Coach Lastly, while an international coach may seem more attractive, especially those well-known business coaches who have been all over the globe and have attracted hundreds of event companies to hire them, it is essential to find someone who knows your place as you do. Apart from the fact that you are able to meet him face-to-face all the time, they know the community more and will be able to give you an insight into the needs of the locals. After all, they are your target customers, right?